Glossary of "Evolution of Plants (2nd ed.)" by Willis & McElwain (2014)
- Plants that have structural or functional adaptations to prevent water loss by evaporation.
Glossary of "Plant Biology (1st ed.)" by Graham et al. (2003)
- Dry-form leaves that are small and often light colored to reflect heat. Xeromorphic leaves are common in desert and chaparral ecosystems.
"The Kew Plant Glossary (2nd ed., with some additions)" by Beentje (2020)
- With adaptations for low water availability.
- Beentje, H. 2020. The Kew Plant Glossary: An Illustrated Dictionary of Plant Terms, Second Edition, reprinted with some additions. -xii + 184 pp. Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, Richmond.
- Graham, L. E., Graham, J. M. & Wilcox, L. W. 2003. Plant Biology. -xxxv + 497 pp. Pearson Education, Inc., Upper Saddle River.
- Willis, K. J. & McElwain, J. C. 2014. The Evolution of Plants, 2nd ed. -ix + 398 pp. Oxford University Press, Oxford.