- (1) An agent, such as an insect, that carries a pathogen affecting another species.
- (2) A plasmid or virus that carries an inserted piece of DNA into a bacterium for cloning purposes in recombinant DNA technology.
Glossary of "Plant Biology (1st ed.)" by Graham et al. (2003)
- Viruses or plasmids capable of carrying a segment of DNA from one organism into another, which becomes transformed.
- Graham, L. E., Graham, J. M. & Wilcox, L. W. 2003. Plant Biology. -xxxv + 497 pp. Pearson Education, Inc., Upper Saddle River.
- Sadava, D., Hillis, D. M., Heller, H. C. & Berenbaum, M. R. 2011. Life: The Science of Biology, 9th ed. -xliv + 1266 pp. Sinauer Associates, Inc., Sunderland.
広島大学 / デジタル自然史博物館 / 植物 / アルファベット順 | 仮名順 にもどる