mycorrhiza(e or -s)
- Association of a fungus with a higher plant.
Glossary of "Plant Systematics (1st ed.)" by Simpson (2006)
- A symbiotic association between the root of a vascular plant and a fungus.
Glossary of "Ecology (6th ed.)" by Krebs (2009)
- A mutually beneficial association of a fungus and the roots of a plant in which the plant's mineral absorption is enhanced and the fungus obtains nutrients from the plant.
- An association of the root of a plant with the mycelium of a fungus.
Glossary of "The Evolution of Plants (2nd ed.)" by Willis & McElwain (2014)
- A symbiotic association between a fungus and the roots of vascular plants.
Glossary of "A Botanist's Vocabulary" by Pell & Angell (2016)
- Fungus growing attached to a plant's roots and forming a symbiotic relationship with the plant; the fungus expands the plant's root system and delivers water and nutrients to the plant in exchange for sugars.
- Krebs, C. J. 2009. Ecology, 6th ed. -xvi + 655 pp. Pearson Benjamin Cummings, San Francisco.
- Pell, S. K. & Angell, B. 2016. A Botanist's Vocabulary: 1300 Terms Explained and Illustrated. 226 pp. Timber Press, Portland.
- Purvis, W. 2000. Lichens. 112 pp. Smithsonian Institution Press, Washington.
- Simpson, M. G. 2006. Plant Systematics. -xi + 590 pp. Elsevier Academic Press, Oxford.
- Sadava, D., Hillis, D. M., Heller, H. C. & Berenbaum, M. R. 2011. Life: The Science of Biology, 9th ed. -xliv + 1266 pp. Sinauer Associates, Inc., Sunderland.
- Willis, K. J. & McElwain, J. C. 2014. The Evolution of Plants, 2nd ed. -ix + 398 pp. Oxford University Press, Oxford.
広島大学 / デジタル自然史博物館 / 植物 / アルファベット順 / M | 仮名順 にもどる