Glossary of "Plant Biology (1st ed.)" by Graham et al. (2003)
- Sequences of three nucleotide bases, known as triplets, which occur in linear arrays on messenger RNA.
Glossary of "The Cell (5th ed.)" by Alberts et al. (2008)
- Sequence of three nucleotides in a DNA or mRNA molecule that represents the instruction for incorporation of a specific amino acid into a growing polypeptide chain.
Glossary of "Evolution (4th ed.)" by Futuyma & Kirkpatrick (2017)
- A nucleotide triplet that encodes an amino acid or acts as a "stop" signal in translation.
- Alberts, B., Johnson, A., Lewis, J. Raff, M., Roberts, K. & Walter P. 2008. Molecular Biology of the Cell, 5th ed. -xxxiii + 1268 pp. Garland Science, New York.
- Graham, L. E., Graham, J. M. & Wilcox, L. W. 2003. Plant Biology. -xxxv + 497 pp. Pearson Education, Inc., Upper Saddle River.
- Futuyma, D. J. & Kirkpatrick, M. 2017. Evolution, 4th ed. -xviii + 602 pp. Sinauer Associates, Inc., Sunderland.