Glossary of "Evolution of Plants (2nd ed.)" by Willis & McElwain (2014)
Glossary of "Plant Biology (1st ed.)" by Graham et al. (2003)
- The organelle or plastid that contains chlorophyll in plants and algae and is the site of photosynthesis.
Glossary of "The Cell (5th ed.)" by Alberts et al. (2008)
- Organelle in green algae and plants that contains chlorophyll and carries out photosynthesis. A specialized form of plastid.
- Alberts, B., Johnson, A., Lewis, J. Raff, M., Roberts, K. & Walter P. 2008. Molecular Biology of the Cell, 5th ed. -xxxiii + 1268 pp. Garland Science, New York.
- Graham, L. E., Graham, J. M. & Wilcox, L. W. 2003. Plant Biology. -xxxv + 497 pp. Pearson Education, Inc., Upper Saddle River.
- Willis, K. J. & McElwain, J. C. 2014. The Evolution of Plants, 2nd ed. -ix + 398 pp. Oxford University Press, Oxford.