Glossary of "Evolution of Plants (2nd ed.)" by Willis & McElwain (2014)
- A polysaccharide composed solely of glucose units linked by glycosidic bonds.
Glossary of "Plant Biology (1st ed.)" by Graham et al. (2003)
- A carbohydrate formed of long chains of glucose molecules that is a major component of plant cell walls (and those of some protists and some bacteria). Cellulose is also produced by various bacteria for use as an attachment material.
Glossary of "The Cell (5th ed.)" by Alberts et al. (2008)
- Structural polysaccharide consisting of long chains of covalently linked glucose units. Provides tensile strength in plant cell walls.
- Alberts, B., Johnson, A., Lewis, J. Raff, M., Roberts, K. & Walter P. 2008. Molecular Biology of the Cell, 5th ed. -xxxiii + 1268 pp. Garland Science, New York.
- Graham, L. E., Graham, J. M. & Wilcox, L. W. 2003. Plant Biology. -xxxv + 497 pp. Pearson Education, Inc., Upper Saddle River.
- Willis, K. J. & McElwain, J. C. 2014. The Evolution of Plants, 2nd ed. -ix + 398 pp. Oxford University Press, Oxford.