- Organic molecule containing both an amino group and a carboxyl group. Those that serve as building blocks of proteins are alpha amino acids, having both the amino and carboxyl groups linked to the same carbon atom.
- Organic acids from which proteins are built.
Glossary of "Plant Biology (1st ed.)" by Graham et al. (2003)
- The nitrogen-containing organic acids that can be linked together to form proteins.
- The structural units that, among other functions, link together to form proteins.
Glossary of "Chemistry, A Molecular Approach (3rd ed.)" by Tro (2014)
- Organic compounds that contain a carbon atom, called the α-carbon, bonded to four different groups: an amine group, an R group, a carboxylic acid group, and a hydrogen atom.
- Alberts, B., Johnson, A., Lewis, J. Raff, M., Roberts, K. & Walter P. 2008. Molecular Biology of the Cell, 5th ed. -xxxiv + 1616 pp. Garland Science, New York.
- Graham, L. E., Graham, J. M. & Wilcox, L. W. 2003. Plant Biology. -xxxv + 497 pp. Pearson Education, Inc., Upper Saddle River.
- Tro, N. J. 2014. Chemistry, A Molecular Approach, 3rd ed. - xxxviii + 1128 pp. Pearson Education, Inc., Upper Saddle River.
- Willis, K. J. & McElwain, J. C. 2014. The Evolution of Plants, 2nd ed. -ix + 398 pp. Oxford University Press, Oxford.
- Zimmer, C. & Emlen, D. J. 2016. Evolution: Making Sense of Life, 2nd ed. -xxxvi + 707 pp. Roberts and Company Publishers, Inc., Greenwood Village.
広島大学 / デジタル自然史博物館 / 植物 / アルファベット順 / A | 仮名順 にもどる