Glossary of "Ecology (6th ed.)" by Krebs (2009)
- plant that can grow in dry places (e.g., cactus).
Glossary of "Life (9th ed.)" by Sadava et al. (2011)
- A plant adapted to an environment with limited water supply.
Glossary of "Plant Biology (1st ed.)" by Graham et al. (2003)
- Plants having adaptations to dry habitats.
Glossary of "Botany (2nd ed)" by Moore et al. (1998)
- A plant adapted for growth in arid conditions.
Glossary of "Biogeography (9th ed.)" by Cox et al. (2016)
- A plant that can tolerate low levels of moisture.
"The Kew Plant Glossary (2nd ed., with some additions)" by Beentje (2020)
- Plant adapted to growing and reproducing in areas with low water availability.
- Beentje, H. 2020. The Kew Plant Glossary: An Illustrated Dictionary of Plant Terms, Second Edition, reprinted with some additions. -xii + 184 pp. Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, Richmond.
- Cox, C. B., Moore, P. D. & Ladle, R. J. 2016. Biogeography: An Ecological and Evolutionary Approach, 9th ed. - xiii + 482 pp. Wiley Blackwell, Chichester.
- Graham, L. E., Graham, J. M. & Wilcox, L. W. 2003. Plant Biology. -xxxv + 497 pp. Pearson Education, Inc., Upper Saddle River.
- Krebs, C. J. 2009. Ecology, 6th ed. -xvi + 655 pp. Pearson Benjamin Cummings, San Francisco.
- Moore, R., Clark, W. D. & Vodopich, D. S. 1998. Botany, 2nd ed. -xxiv + 918 pp. WCB/McGraw-Hill, New York.
- Sadava, D., Hillis, D. M., Heller, H. C. & Berenbaum, M. R. 2011. Life: The Science of Biology, 9th ed. -xliv + 1266 pp. Sinauer Associates, Inc., Sunderland.