Glossary of "Plant Biology (1st ed.)" by Graham et al. (2003)
- The two daughter strands of a chromosome that are produced by DNA replication and remain attached at the centromere.
Glossary of "The Cell (5th ed.)" by Alberts et al. (2008)
- One of the two copies of a duplicated chromosome formed by DNA replication during S phase. The two chromatids, called sister chromatids, are joined at the centromere.
Glossary of "Life (9th ed.)" by Sadava et al. (2011)
- Each of a pair of newly replicated chromatids.
- Alberts, B., Johnson, A., Lewis, J. Raff, M., Roberts, K. & Walter P. 2008. Molecular Biology of the Cell, 5th ed. -xxxiii + 1268 pp. Garland Science, New York.
- Graham, L. E., Graham, J. M. & Wilcox, L. W. 2003. Plant Biology. -xxxv + 497 pp. Pearson Education, Inc., Upper Saddle River.
- Sadava, D., Hillis, D. M., Heller, H. C. & Berenbaum, M. R. 2011. Life: The Science of Biology, 9th ed. -xliv + 1266 pp. Sinauer Associates, Inc., Sunderland.