Glossary of Plant Systematics (1st ed.) by Simpson (2006)
- Having unisexual flowers, both staminate and pistillate on the same individual plant. (plant sex)
Glossary of "Life (9th ed.)" by Sadava et al. (2011)
- Pertaining to organisms in which both sexes are "housed" in a single individual that produces both eggs and sperm. (In some plants, these are found in different flowers within the same plant.) Examples include corn, peas, earthworms, hydras. (Contrast with dioecious.
Glossary of "The Evolution of Plants (2nd ed.)" by Willis & McElwain (2014)
- Having male and female reproductive organs separated in different floral structures on the same plant.
- Simpson, M. G. 2006. Plant Systematics. -xi + 590 pp. Elsevier Academic Press, Oxford.
- Sadava, D., Hillis, D. M., Heller, H. C. & Berenbaum, M. R. 2011. Life: The Science of Biology, 9th ed. -xliv + 1266 pp. Sinauer Associates, Inc., Sunderland.
- Willis, K. J. & McElwain, J. C. 2014. The Evolution of Plants, 2nd ed. -ix + 398 pp. Oxford University Press, Oxford.