Glossary of "Plant Systematics (1st ed.)" by Simpson (2006)
- An aggregate of one or more flowers, the boundaries of which generally occur with the presence of vegetative leaves below; may be composed of unit inflorescences. (plant part)
Glossary of "The Evolution of Plants (2nd ed.)" by Willis & McElwain (2014)
- A flower cluster.
Glossary of "A Botanist's Vocabulary" by Pell & Angell (2016)
- Branched or unbranched axis upon which flowers are arranged.
- Pell, S. K. & Angell, B. 2016. A Botanist's Vocabulary: 1300 Terms Explained and Illustrated. 226 pp. Timber Press, Portland.
- Simpson, M. G. 2006. Plant Systematics. -xi + 590 pp. Elsevier Academic Press, Oxford.
- Willis, K. J. & McElwain, J. C. 2014. The Evolution of Plants, 2nd ed. -ix + 398 pp. Oxford University Press, Oxford.