Glossary of "Life (9th ed.)" by Sadava et al. (2011)
- A graphic representation of the evolutionary relationships of a single gene in different species or of the members of a gene family.
Glossary of "Evolution (4th ed.)" by Futuyma & Kirkpatrick (2017)
- A diagram representing the history by which gene copies have been derived from ancestral gene copies in previous generations.
Glossary of "Ancestors in Our Genome" by Harris (2015)
- a tree diagram that shows the evolutionary relationships among gene copies or segments of the genome (often these copies are from different species).
- Futuyma, D. J. & Kirkpatrick, M. 2017. Evolution, 4th ed. -xviii + 602 pp. Sinauer Associates, Inc., Sunderland.
- Harris, E. E. 2015. Ancestors in Our Genome: the New Science of Human Evolution. - xx + 226 pp. Oxford University Press, New York.
- Sadava, D., Hillis, D. M., Heller, H. C. & Berenbaum, M. R. 2011. Life: The Science of Biology, 9th ed. -xliv + 1266 pp. Sinauer Associates, Inc., Sunderland.