Glossary of "Plant Biology (1st ed.)" by Graham et al. (2003)
- The structure that develops from the ovary (or several ovaries), and sometimes adjacent flower parts, after pollination and fertilization have been achieved; a ripened ovary bearing seeds.
Glossary of "Life (9th ed.)" by Sadava et al. (2011)
Glossary of Plant Systematics (1st ed.) by Simpson (2006)
- The mature ovary of flowering plants, consisting of the pericarp (mature ovary wall), seeds, and (if present) accessory parts. (plant part)
- Graham, L. E., Graham, J. M. & Wilcox, L. W. 2003. Plant Biology. -xxxv + 497 pp. Pearson Education, Inc., Upper Saddle River.
- Sadava, D., Hillis, D. M., Heller, H. C. & Berenbaum, M. R. 2011. Life: The Science of Biology, 9th ed. -xliv + 1266 pp. Sinauer Associates, Inc., Sunderland.
- Simpson, M. G. 2006. Plant Systematics. -xi + 590 pp. Elsevier Academic Press, Oxford.