Glossary of "Plant Biology (1st ed.)" by Graham et al. (2003)
- The reproductive structure of angiosperms that contains at least stamens or one or more carpels, and usually both of these plus petals and sepals.
Glossary of "Life (9th ed.)" by Sadava et al. (2011)
- The sexual structure of an angiosperm.
Glossary of Plant Systematics (1st ed.) by Simpson (2006)
- The reproductive organ of flowering plants; a modified, determinate shoot bearing soprophylls (stamens and/or carpels) with or without outer modified leaves, the perianth. (plant part, inflorescence part)
Glossary of "A Botanist's Vocabulary" by Pell & Angell (2016)
- organ in angiosperms that, when complete, bears the female (pistil) and male (stamen) reproductive structures as well as a calyx and corolla
- Graham, L. E., Graham, J. M. & Wilcox, L. W. 2003. Plant Biology. -xxxv + 497 pp. Pearson Education, Inc., Upper Saddle River.
- Pell, S. K. & Angell, B. 2016. A Botanist's Vocabulary: 1300 Terms Explained and Illustrated. 226 pp. Timber Press, Portland.
- Sadava, D., Hillis, D. M., Heller, H. C. & Berenbaum, M. R. 2011. Life: The Science of Biology, 9th ed. -xliv + 1266 pp. Sinauer Associates, Inc., Sunderland.
- Simpson, M. G. 2006. Plant Systematics. -xi + 590 pp. Elsevier Academic Press, Oxford.