Glossary of "Plant Biology (1st ed.)" by Graham et al. (2003)
- The study of organisms' interactions with their environments and with each other.
Glossary of "The Third Chimpanzee" by Diamond (2014)
- the study of the connections and relationships among living things and their environments
Glossary of "Life (9th ed.)" by Sadava et al. (2011)
- The scientific study of the interaction of organisms with their living (biotic) and nonliving (abiotic) environments.
Glossary of "Environmental Science: Earth as a Living Planet (2nd ed.)" by Botkin & Keller (1998)
- The science of the study of the relationships between living things and their environment.
- Botkin, D. B. & Keller, E. A. 1998. Environmental Science: Earth as a Living Planet, 2nd ed. -xxxxii + 649 pp. John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York.
- Diamond, J. (Adapted by Stefoff, R.) 2014. The Third Chimpanzee, For Young People, on the Evolution and Future of the Human Animal. xiii + 370 pp. Seven Stories Press, New York.
- Graham, L. E., Graham, J. M. & Wilcox, L. W. 2003. Plant Biology. -xxxv + 497 pp. Pearson Education, Inc., Upper Saddle River.
- Sadava, D., Hillis, D. M., Heller, H. C. & Berenbaum, M. R. 2011. Life: The Science of Biology, 9th ed. -xliv + 1266 pp. Sinauer Associates, Inc., Sunderland.