Glossary of "Molecular Systematics (2nd ed.)" by Hillis et al. (1996)
Glossary of "Cladistics (2nd ed.)" by Kitching et al. (1998)
- A statistical procedure for achieving a better estimate of the parametric variance of a distribution than the observed sample variance by averaging pseudoreplicate variances. The original data set is sampled with replacement to produce a pseudoreplicate of the same dimensions as the original. See also jackknife.
Glossary of Plant Systematics (1st ed.) by Simpson (2006)
- A method of evaluating cladogram robustness that reanalyzes the data of the original character × taxon matrix by selecting (resampling) characters at random, such that a given character can be selected more than once.
- Hillis, D. M., Moritz, C. & Mable, B. K. 1996. Molecular Systematics, 2nd ed. -xvi + 655 pp. Sinauer Associates, Inc., Sunderland.
- Kitching, I. J., Forey, P. L. Humphries, C. J. & Williams, D. M. 1998. Cladistics, 2nd ed.: the Theory and Practice of Parsimony Analysis. -xii + 228 pp. Oxford University Press, New York.
- Simpson, M. G. 2006. Plant Systematics. -xi + 590 pp. Elsevier Academic Press, Oxford.