提供: 広島大学デジタル自然史博物館 植物
antibody (immunoglobulin, Ig)
Glossary of "Biology (3rd ed.)" by Hardin & Bajema (1978)
- a molecule that interacts with specific antigens, bringing about the destruction of the antigens and the cells to which they are attached. See also antigen
Glossary of "The Cell (5th ed.)" by Alberts et al. (2008)
- Protein produced by B cells in response to a foreign molecule or invading microorganism. Binds tightly to the foreign molecule or cell, inactivating it or marking it for destruction by phagocytosis or complement-induced lysis.
Glossary of "Molecular Systematics (2nd ed.)" by Hillis et al. (1996)
- antibody: A large protein made in response to a foreign antigen (generally a protein).
- Alberts, B., Johnson, A., Lewis, J. Raff, M., Roberts, K. & Walter P. 2008. Molecular Biology of the Cell, 5th ed. -xxxiv + 1616 pp. Garland Science, New York.
- Hardin, G. & Bajema, C. 1978. Biology, its Principles and Implications, third edition. -x + 790 pp. W. H. Freeman and Company, San Francisco.
- Hillis, D. M., Moritz, C. & Mable, B. K. 1996. Molecular Systematics, 2nd ed. -xvi + 655 pp. Sinauer Associates, Inc., Sunderland.