The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.
Glossary of Plant Systematics (1st ed.) by Simpson (2006)
- A waxy, water-resistant substance, found in stomata, Casparian strips of the endodermis, and the cell walls of cork cells.
Glossary of "Life (9th ed.)" by Sadava et al. (2011)
- A waxlike lipid that is a barrier to water and solute movement across the Casparian strip of the endodermis.
Glossary of "The Evolution of Plants (2nd ed.)" by Willis & McElwain (2014)
- A polyester made up of fatty acids and aromatic compounds. It occurs in the cell walls of cork tissue in plants. Suberin provides protection from water loss and microbial attack.
- Simpson, M. G. 2006. Plant Systematics. -xi + 590 pp. Elsevier Academic Press, Oxford.
- Sadava, D., Hillis, D. M., Heller, H. C. & Berenbaum, M. R. 2011. Life: The Science of Biology, 9th ed. -xliv + 1266 pp. Sinauer Associates, Inc., Sunderland.
- Willis, K. J. & McElwain, J. C. 2014. The Evolution of Plants, 2nd ed. -ix + 398 pp. Oxford University Press, Oxford.