- 寄生生物，寄生体，パラサイト，寄生植物，寄生動物，寄生虫，宿り木，寄生菌 （日本語）
Glossary of "Ecology (6th ed.)" by Krebs (2009)
- an organism that grows, feeds, or is sheltered on or in a different organism while harming its host.
Glossary of "Life (9th ed.)" by Sadava et al. (2011)
- An organism that consumes parts of an organism much larger than itself (known as its host). Parasites sometimes, but not always, kill their host.
Glossary of "A Botanist's Vocabulary" by Pell & Angell (2016)
- Organism that is attached to and draws water and/or nutrients from another organism (the host), may be partially or fully dependent on the host; e.g., Indian pipe (Monotropa uniflora).
- Krebs, C. J. 2009. Ecology, 6th ed. -xvi + 655 pp. Pearson Benjamin Cummings, San Francisco.
- Pell, S. K. & Angell, B. 2016. A Botanist's Vocabulary: 1300 Terms Explained and Illustrated. 226 pp. Timber Press, Portland.
- Sadava, D., Hillis, D. M., Heller, H. C. & Berenbaum, M. R. 2011. Life: The Science of Biology, 9th ed. -xliv + 1266 pp. Sinauer Associates, Inc., Sunderland.