提供: 広島大学デジタル自然史博物館 植物
homoplasy (adj. homoplastic)
Glossary of "Cladistics (2nd ed.)" by Kitching et al. (1998)
- (1) A character that specifies a different and overlapping group of taxa from another character. (2) Any character taht is not a synapomorphy (homology).
Glossary of "Life (9th ed.)" by Sadava et al. (2011)
- The presence in multiple groups of a trait that is not inherited from the common ancestor of those groups. Can result from convergent evolution, evolutionary reversal, or parallel evolution.
Glossary of "Plant Systematics (1st ed.)" by Simpson (2006)
- Similarity that is not due to homology or common ancestry, but the result of independent evolutionary change.
Glossary of "Ancestors in Our Genome" by Harris (2015)
- similar features evolving in unrelated organisms; non-homologous features.
- Harris, E. E. 2015. Ancestors in Our Genome: the New Science of Human Evolution. - xx + 226 pp. Oxford University Press, New York.
- Kitching, I. J., Forey, P. L. Humphries, C. J. & Williams, D. M. 1998. Cladistics, 2nd ed.: the Theory and Practice of Parsimony Analysis. -xii + 228 pp. Oxford University Press, New York.
- Sadava, D., Hillis, D. M., Heller, H. C. & Berenbaum, M. R. 2011. Life: The Science of Biology, 9th ed. -xliv + 1266 pp. Sinauer Associates, Inc., Sunderland.
- Simpson, M. G. 2006. Plant Systematics. -xi + 590 pp. Elsevier Academic Press, Oxford.