Glossary of "Plant Biology (1st ed.)" by Graham et al. (2003)
Glossary of "Life (9th ed.)" by Sadava et al. (2011)
- Organisms whose cells contain their genetic material inside a nucleus. Includes all life other than the viruses, archaea, and bacteria.
Glossary of "Environmental Science: Earth as a Living Planet (2nd ed.)" by Botkin & Keller (1998)
- Organism whose cells have nuclei and certain other characteristics that separate it from the prokaryotes. The eukaryotes include flowering plants, animals, and many single-cell organisms.
- Botkin, D. B. & Keller, E. A. 1998. Environmental Science: Earth as a Living Planet, 2nd ed. -xxxxii + 649 pp. John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York.
- Graham, L. E., Graham, J. M. & Wilcox, L. W. 2003. Plant Biology. -xxxv + 497 pp. Pearson Education, Inc., Upper Saddle River.
- Sadava, D., Hillis, D. M., Heller, H. C. & Berenbaum, M. R. 2011. Life: The Science of Biology, 9th ed. -xliv + 1266 pp. Sinauer Associates, Inc., Sunderland.