Glossary of "Cladistics (2nd ed.)" by Kitching et al. (1998)
- A method of classification that groups taxa hierarchically into nested sets and conventionally represents these relationships as a cladogram. See also phylogenetic systematics.
Glossary of "Plant Biology (1st ed.)" by Graham et al. (2003)
- A formal method of organizing organisms on the basis of relationships established by the presence or absence of derived characters.
Glossary of Plant Systematics (1st ed.) by Simpson (2006)
- A methodology for inferring the pattern of evolutionary history of a group of organisms, utilizing grouping of taxa by apomorphies phylogenetic systematics.
- Kitching, I. J., Forey, P. L. Humphries, C. J. & Williams, D. M. 1998. Cladistics, 2nd ed.: the Theory and Practice of Parsimony Analysis. -xii + 228 pp. Oxford University Press, New York.
- Graham, L. E., Graham, J. M. & Wilcox, L. W. 2003. Plant Biology. -xxxv + 497 pp. Pearson Education, Inc., Upper Saddle River.
- Simpson, M. G. 2006. Plant Systematics. -xi + 590 pp. Elsevier Academic Press, Oxford.