提供: 広島大学デジタル自然史博物館 植物
Glossary of "Plant Biology (1st ed.)" by Graham et al. (2003)
- A carbohydrate formed of long chains of glucose molecules that is a major component of plant cell walls (and those of some protists and some bacteria). Cellulose is also produced by various bacteria for use as an attachment material.
Glossary of Plant Systematics (1st ed.) by Simpson (2006)
- A polymer of glucose sugar units (= polysaccharide) in which the glucose molecules are chemically bonded in the beta-1,4 position (= β-1,4-glucopyranoside); a major component of the cell wall of green plants. A polysaccharide of glucose units (β-1,4-glucopyranoside), a primary component of plant cell walls.
Glossary of "The Cell (5th ed.)" by Alberts et al. (2008)
- Structural polysaccharide consisting of long chains of covalently linked glucose units. Provides tensile strength in plant cell walls.
Glossary of "Evolution of Plants (2nd ed.)" by Willis & McElwain (2014)
- A polysaccharide composed solely of glucose units linked by glycosidic bonds.
- Graham, L. E., Graham, J. M. & Wilcox, L. W. 2003. Plant Biology. -xxxv + 497 pp. Pearson Education, Inc., Upper Saddle River.
- Simpson, M. G. 2006. Plant Systematics. -xi + 590 pp. Elsevier Academic Press, Oxford.
- Alberts, B., Johnson, A., Lewis, J. Raff, M., Roberts, K. & Walter P. 2008. Molecular Biology of the Cell, 5th ed. -xxxiii + 1268 pp. Garland Science, New York.
- Willis, K. J. & McElwain, J. C. 2014. The Evolution of Plants, 2nd ed. -ix + 398 pp. Oxford University Press, Oxford.