提供: 広島大学デジタル自然史博物館 植物
Glossary of "Plant Biology (1st ed.)" by Graham et al. (2003)
- The process of speciation in which populations of a single species become geographically isolated from each other and are subjected to differential evolutionary forces. Allopatric comes from the Greek allos meaning "other" and patra meaning "fatherland."
Glossary of "Evolution (4th ed.)" by Futuyma & Kirkpatrick (2017)
- Speciation by genetic divergence of allopatric populations of an ancestral species; contrasted with parapatric and sympatric speciation, in which divergence occurs in parapatry or sympatry (q.v.).
Glossary of "Ancestors in Our Genome" by Harris (2015)
- the divergence of two populations due to reproductive isolation following separation of the two by a geographic barrier.
- Futuyma, D. J. & Kirkpatrick, M. 2017. Evolution, 4th ed. -xviii + 602 pp. Sinauer Associates, Inc., Sunderland.
- Graham, L. E., Graham, J. M. & Wilcox, L. W. 2003. Plant Biology. -xxxv + 497 pp. Pearson Education, Inc., Upper Saddle River.
- Harris, E. E. 2015. Ancestors in Our Genome: the New Science of Human Evolution. - xx + 226 pp. Oxford University Press, New York.